Call for Papers: AP-iConference 2023
- ㆍ A Keynote: TBA (ICADL/AP-iConference Joint)
- ㆍ Panel Discussion on Promoting Sustainable Development with LIS (Hybrid mode)
- ㆍ Graduate Student Research Symposium
Call For Graduate Student Research Symposium to be held in 2023 International Forum on Data, Information, and Knowledge for Resilient and Trustworthy Digital Societies (IFDIK 2023) for Asia-Pacific Next Generation Researchers in the Information Field (Jointly Organized by Asia Pacific Chapter of iSchools, ICADL, and A-LIEP)
The Graduate Student Research Symposium offers an opportunity for graduate students to present and discuss their studies with mentors from iSchools, ICADL and A-LIEP, as well as, to develop a supportive community of scholars for future international collaborations. These organizations have jointly hosted doctoral consortiums in recent years. Likewise, the Student Symposium is traditionally organized with the objective to provide a larger community of young researchers in the region to participate.
Submission and Presentation
The organizers solicit proposals for presentations from graduate students, not only Ph.D. candidates but also master-level students. Proposals from undergraduates who plan to go to graduate schools are also welcome. Proposals may fit into two tracks –(1) ongoing and finished research presentations, and (2) a research plan for doctoral degree.
Submissions are invited related to the following broad topics:
- ㆍ Information Technologies, Data Science & Applications;
- ㆍ Cultural Information, Digital Humanities & Scholarly Data Analysis
- ㆍ Social Informatics and Socio-technological Issues in Digital Libraries
Members of the organizing team and leading researchers from iSchools, ICADL, and A-LIEP will participate in the event. The objectives of the Symposium aim to provide a supportive setting for feedback on current research to stimulate the thinking of what contributes to the knowledge gap and guide on the future research directions. Authors of accepted proposals must present their work at the graduate student sessions on Dec.4. The accepted proposals will not be published (only presentation). AP-iConference is a part of the whole event, and the fee of AP-iConference will be covered in the registration fee of IFDIK 2023 (ICADL/ALIEP/AP-iConference). For those who only attend AP-iConference, will be charged a moderate fee, US$25 unless he or she attends the event online.
Tracks and Submission Information
Track 1 Ongoing and finished research: Proposals may be made by one or more authors. The first author should be a student who can present his/her research at the symposium.
Track 2 Research plans for pursuing doctoral degrees (Doctoral Consortium Sessions): Proposals should be made by a doctoral student.
Acceptable file formats: Microsoft Word and PDF (Template)
Submission System: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icadl2023
(Please find the “Student Symposium” track under ICADL 2023)
All proposals should be written in English and include the following:
Submission Guidelines for Track 1
- ㆍ Section 1: Author(s): name, their institutional affiliations, five to eight keywords.
- ㆍ Section 2: Abstract (no more than 500 words)
Submission Guidelines for Track 2
- ㆍ Section 1: A short (100 to 150 words) introductory statement explaining: who the applicant is, their institutional affiliation, supervisors, and (provisional) thesis title, five to ten keywords; the applicant’s current stage of their graduate career (beginning, completion of required courses or initial candidacy stage, full doctoral status, data collection and analysis, about to submit thesis etc.); an explanation of what they hope to get out of attendance at the symposium
- ㆍ Section 2: A research statement of no more than 500 words describing their dissertation project
Please check IFDIK 2023 website (https://ifdik2023.conf.tw/) for the updates on the graduate student sessions and general information about IFDIK 2023 and AP-iConference 2023.
- ㆍ Submission deadline:
September, 5th, 2023
(September, 20th, 2023, extended)
- ㆍ Acceptance Notification:
October, 15th, 2023 (October, 30th, 2023, extended)
- ㆍ Date of Student Colloquium: December, 4th, 2023